The Human Resources department is often management’s first port of call for any issue that affects the workforce. Spencer Shaw can help.
- We have many years experience working with HR professionals in commercial and non-commercial environments;
- We advise HR specialists who have their own independent practices, working together for the benefit of mutual clients;
- We see our role as complementary, offering HR departments a legal resource and specialists to call upon;
- We will ensure that the law is being applied correctly, and that legal knowledge is as up-to-date as it can be;
- We work with HR on contracts of employment and policies and procedures;
- We draft and advise upon the conduct of disciplinary and grievance proceedings;
- We help to reduce the risk of employment claim;
- We advise on and help implement redundancies;
- We assist in trying to compromise employment disputes before proceedings are issued;
- We provide education and training on the meaning and effect of employment legislation.